I feel very strongly that there is a move to sanitise literature because we’re trying to protect children not from, necessarily, the grisly facts of life but from their own imaginations… And the child that has been protected from Dementors in fiction, I would argue, is much more likely to fall prey to them later in life in reality. – J.K. Rowling on BBC Radio Dec. 10th 2005
We are a Collaborative mature (18+ Only) [beginner to advanced player] message board based Role-Playing game where you work with others to help tell creative stories in a unique and inspiring world.
You do not need to have knowledge of The Magical World, Old World of Darkness, or Call of Cthulhu to play. Your characters will learn along the way with you!
- We are moving to a new board! Welcome Home!
- Come check out HBN on our TV Tropes page!
- Access to HBN’s Discord Text/Voice now active! Free, safe, active!
Welcome to HBN, a Free not-for-profit game, founded in 2003!
You do not need to have knowledge of The Magical World, Old World of Darkness, or Call of Cthulhu to play. Your characters will learn along the way with you. We are excited to have you and we hope you have time to take a look around!
Interested? Get started here!
HBN is based upon White Wolf’s Old World of Darkness, J.K. Rowling’s Magical World and Chaosium’s Call of Cthulhu. All works of literature are welcomed to be played in our world so long as the story can be adapted into our setting. Our game takes place in the Modern Era (current date), but within the Magical World you can be as anachronistic as your imagination takes you.
- The Wizarding World (Core): Wizards have now moved forward into the present and struggle with politics and now what is the ‘social norm’ from the aftermath of the 2nd Wizarding War and its atrocities.
- Old World of Darkness: Dark Creatures such as Vampires (Masquerade), Changelings (NWOD: The Lost) and Werewolves (The Apocalypse) have societies of their own. They have hierarchies, families, politics and their own problems.
- Call of Cthulhu (7th ED & Pulp): A few special mortals were discovered using unknown magics when aurors attempted to have their minds erased. ‘The Truth’ is something that nobody wants the wizarding world to get their hands on.
HBN Mixed Game Story Concept Created and Founded in ©2003 | We are a Not-For-Profit Fan-Fiction Game.| Our Game is Based on the Magical World of Harry Potter and is ©J.K. Rowling | OWOD is ©White Wolf & Onyx Path Games | Call of Cthulhu is ©Chaosium